The Two Rivers Mission Community Council wishes to employ the services of administrator to support the work of the council and leadership team.
- Act as clerk to the Two Rivers Mission Community Council, in collaboration with the Chair managing the business of the council, preparing the agenda and supporting papers, and taking minutes for the meeting. Normally 4 or 5 evening meetings per year.
- Act as bookkeeper for the mission community account
- Act as clerk to the Leadership team, attending weekly team meetings on Zoom and monthly team meetings in person (currently Thursday mornings); keeping brief notes of matters discussed and carrying out matters arising.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the rector and other leadership team members.
- Specific administrative tasks:
Maintain the 2RMC website and calendar, “A Church Near You” website and mission community social media
Prepare the mission community weekly email.
Administer paperwork for baptisms, weddings and funerals..
Deal with inquiries and information requests from the Diocese and Church of England.
Support churches in meeting their administrative and legal obligations.
Act as administrator for safeguarding, in support of the Rector and Safeguarding officer.
The successful candidate will:
- Be willing to support the Christian vision and values of the Mission Community
- Be a person of integrity, trustworthiness and kindness, who will promote our safeguarding policy and GDPR policy, and maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Be flexible and willing to adapt and grow with us
- Have experience of administration and be efficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ideally have experience of managing a website and/or social media
Terms and Conditions
These can be negotiated with the successful candidate, but we expect to employ the administrator initially for an average of 6 hours per week on a zero hours contract at £12.00 per hour. Apart from attendance at meetings, hours can be worked flexibly from home to suit the candidate.
A laptop and other necessary equipment will be provided and expenses paid.
There is scope for the number of hours and rate of pay to increase for a successful candidate who shows the ability to take on more responsibility.